Did you know Instagram carousel posts drive insights higher than single posts? Not sure what that means? Well, we’ll break it down for you here!
What is a “carousel post”?
An Instagram carousel is a post that includes up to 10 images or videos in a single post. You can check out examples , and .
How do I create a carousel post?
- Tap the plus (+) sign to create an Instagram post.
- Tap the layered square icon.
- Choose up to 10 photos/videos.
- Tap “Next.”
- Edit each photo.
- Hold and drag photos to rearrange the order.
- Caption and geotag the post.
- Tap “Share.”
Why does a carousel post drive engagement?
Carousels boost engagement for two primary reasons:
- Followers spend more time on Instagram carousel posts because they are taking time to scroll through all of the images you’ve included. Extended time on a carousel post triggers the algorithm, telling Instagram that additional time spent on that particular post equals additional interest in seeing future content.
- Carousel posts are typically shown to followers multiple times, showing a different photo of the carousel each time. Having posts shown to followers multiple times results in high impressions, likes and comments. Followers are essentially given multiple chances to see your content, whereas a single post is shown once and never again organically.